THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of January 13th, 2016:
· There have been 3,498 events registered in 73 countries.
. More than 198,100 participants worldwide
· USD $2,363,578.30 has been raised, a total of USD $7,090,734.90 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 11,817,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $7.25 Million by April 1st 2017
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
RESULTS from WGM Event #3513 from the USA Club Name: Rotary Club of Boulder (Colorado) District Number: 5450 Number of participants in the meal: 400 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$21,000.00 Message (from Mary Jean Ewing and Sally Brown): Four hundred people attended this dinner, which was hosted by PDG Mary Kay Hasz […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #3510 from Australia Club Name: Rotary Club of Cairns Sunrise District Number: 9550 Number of participants in the meal: 2 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$10.00 Message (from Susanne Rea): Nauman Abbasi Rotarian and I went to the Mall and tried to go to the supermarket the lights were […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #3482 from Brazil Club: Rotary Club Santa Cruz do Sul District: 4680 Event: Club Meeting on January 16, 2017, with meal organized by fellows Jean Carlos Pedroso da Silva and Flavio Castro de Andrade. People: 25 Donation: R$34,00 = US$10, transformed in US$30 with the matching of the Gates Foundation, being […]
Shares invited ! A big thank you to our World’s Greatest Meal Supporters because people like you make a difference to Global Health … https://www.endpolio.org/rotary-announces-us35-million-to-support-a-polio-free-world #WGMeal www.wgmeal.com Source