THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of September 16th, 2016:
· There have been 3,093 events registered in 72 countries.
. More than 172,700 participants worldwide
· USD $2,159,135.00 has been raised, a total of USD $6,477,405.00 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 10,795,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $6.5 Million by October 1st 2016
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
Legendary singer and polio survivor Donovan Leitch, better known simply as Donovan, has joined Rotary in its fight to eradicate the paralyzing disease that afflicted him during much of his childhood. Donovan contracted polio at age three in Glasgow, Scotland. The disease weakened his right leg and left it thinner and shorter than the other. Confined […]
Rotary’s fourth World Polio Day celebration, on 24 October, will highlight extraordinary progress in the eradication campaign and emphasize the work that remains before we wipe out the virus for good. With the number of new cases worldwide nearly halved from this time last year, we have the opportunity to rally our resources and see […]
The World Health Organization has confirmed two cases of wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) in Nigeria, the first cases in the country since July 2014. After passing a year without a case of the wild poliovirus, Nigeria was removed from the list of polio-endemic countries in September 2015. These cases – from two local government […]
The General Manager of The Rotary Foundation/Chief Development Officer is responsible for the effective management and operations of The Rotary Foundation. Working closely with the executive management team and Rotary leadership, this position will oversee the fund development, polio eradication and partnership/sponsorship activities within the organization. The position reports to the General Secretary and will […]