THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of June 24th, 2016:
· There have been 2,823 events registered in 71 countries.
. More than 161,000 participants worldwide
· USD $2,103,208.30 has been raised, a total of USD $6,309,624.90 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 10,516,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $6.5 Million by September 1st 2016
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Total Raised Since December 2014
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
From the March 2016 concern of The Rotarian As quickly as John Germ takes workplace as Rotary International’s head of state in July, it will certainly mark his 40th year in Rotary. In who time, he’s most likely best-known with top Rotary’s $200 Thousand Challenge, a fundraising initiative sparked by an obstacle give from the […]
Changing a community, one individual at a time February 12, 2016 Rotary member Siddhartha Bose recalls an occasion as soon as it was particularly challenging to convince a area that the polio vaccine is not just safe, however necessary. A polio survivor dreams to end polio for good January 20, 2016 Polio survivor Ian (John) […]
Due to the fact that 1985 Rotary has actually led the struggle versus polio, after that saved the stress on as international situations plummeted from 350,000 every year to a number of hundred. As quickly as India went off the checklist of endemic nations in 2012, we took another action towards eradicating a human health […]
Twelve U.S. Rotarians were honored at the White House on 5 April as Champions of Change for their efforts to improve communities locally and around the world. As part of the daylong event, more than 160 Rotarians attended a morning round of briefings by government officials on topics including polio eradication, health, violence prevention, and […]