THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of October 14th, 2016:
· There have been 3,212 events registered in 72 countries.
. More than 176,400 participants worldwide
· USD $2,190,974.20 has been raised, a total of USD $6,572,922.60 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 10,954,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $6.75 Million by December 1st 2016
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
At this year’s World Polio Day celebration in Atlanta, Rotary is harnessing the power of virtual reality technology to build empathy and inspire action in our fight to eradicate polio. Rotary, with support from the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, produced a virtual reality film that tells the story of Alokita, a young adult who suffered […]
On 24 October, World Polio Day, Rotary will bring together partners from the Global Polio Eradication Initiative for an update on our fight to end polio. As host and moderator of the event, our organization plays a key role in amplifying one of the most important public health concerns in modern history. When we first […]
The first time Noel Jackson jumped out of a plane at 14,000 feet, it had nothing to do with raising money for polio eradication. The Michigan dentist had received a gift certificate to go skydiving from his staff because they knew he was into adventure. “It is definitely a defining moment,” says Jackson, a member […]
Nigeria’s health minister, Isaac Adewole, said on Friday that his government is determined to rid the country of polio again. New cases recently landed Nigeria back on the list of countries where the disease is endemic. Adewole met with Rotary leaders at Rotary International World Headquarters in Evanston, Illinois, USA, to discuss Nigeria’s recent efforts […]