Time left to reach $3 Million by End of Light Up Rotary Year
The World’s Greatest Meal To Help End Polio (WGMeal)
As of April 12th 2015:
· There have been 1077 events registered in 59 countries.
. More than 59,500 participants worldwide
· USD $972,493.23 has been raised, a total of USD $2,917,479.69 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 4,862,000 polio vaccinations!!
Video With Instructions
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal or dinner to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before” form on the WGM web site
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After” form on the WGM web site
The idea is so simple. Your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook….all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to help eradicate polio.
Bill Gates “As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.”
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the Rotary Club of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the Rotary Club of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…