THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of February 24th, 2017
· There have been 3,593 events registered in 73 countries.
· More than 202,800 participants worldwide
· USD $2,421,051.10 has been raised, a total of USD $7,263,153.30 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 12,105,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $7.5 Million by June 30th 2017
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
RESULTS from WGM Event #3165 from Brazil Club: Rotary Club de Rio Pardo Tranqueira Invicta District: 4680 Event: Best Classmate Program and Induction of new member Jane Rosa da Silva. People: 100 Donation: R$75,00 = US$22.72, transformed in US$68.16 with the matching of the Gates Foundation, being enough to vaccinate 113 children. Message (from Claudete […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #3522 from Australia Club Name: Rotary Club of Cairns Sunrise District Number: 9550 Number of participants in the meal: 3 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$10.00 Message (from Susanne Rea): Our Facebook Friend Rotaractor Niwandinda Barham came all the way from Jinja to Entebbe to meet us ….we had […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #3458 from Brazil Club: Rotary Club de Rio Claro Cidade Azul District: 4590 Event: 61st Official Visit of DG Augusto César Scorza and spouse Lucia to RC de Rio Claro Cidade Azul, on January 19, 2017, opportunity in which was also celebrated the 23rd Anniversary of the Club. People: 80 Donation: […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #2963 from Australia Club Name: Rotary Club of Cairns District Number: 9550 Number of participants in the meal: 55 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$1,058.00 Message (from Tracey Paterson): The event was a Curry Night hosted by The Rotary Club of Cairns for the Combined Clubs of Cairns. (sorry, […]