THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
As of April 29th 2016:
· There have been 2,680 events registered in 71 countries.
. More than 151,900 participants worldwide
· USD $1,914,218.70 has been raised, a total of USD $5,742,656.10 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 9,571,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $6 Million by June/30/16
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Total Raised Since December 2014
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…