THE WORLD’S GREATEST MEAL
TO HELP END POLIO
Since 2014 with your help we have raised towards Polio eradication
As of April 14th, 2017
· There have been 3,681 events registered in 73 countries.
· More than 207,000 participants worldwide
· USD $2,453,934.00 has been raised, a total of USD $7,361,804.70 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
· This translates to enough funds to buy more than 12,269,000 polio vaccinations!!
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal, dinner or virtual meal to raise money for
2. Fill out the “Before Event” form on the WGM website
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now program
4. Fill out the “After Event” form on the WGM website
The idea is so simple. You and/or your Club can arrange an event any time. By joining together in a world-wide event, many have greatly enjoyed international fellowship via Facebook…. all monies collected go straight to The Rotary Foundation/End Polio Now account with full credit going to your Club.
Time Left To Reach $7.5 Million by June 30th 2017
Type of Events
‘Greatest Meal’ events have ranged from:
· small (two people having lunch) to large lavish dinners
· a street BBQ to a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day
· a virtual meal
· special collections at frugal meals in place of a Rotary Club’s regular meals
· meal time raffles and auctions
Events have brought in small amounts of $10 up to $10,000.
Events have been registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.
Let’s join together to eradicate polio.
“As long as polio threatens even one child anywhere in the world, all children — wherever they live — remain at risk. The stakes are that high.” Bill Gates
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the RC of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the RC of Hounslow, D.1140, England.
PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
RESULTS from WGM Event #3568 from Pakistan Club Name: Rotary Club of Lahore Garrison District Number: 3272 Number of participants in the meal: 5 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$20.00 Message (from Shehzad Ahmed): Past President Syed Rashid Rizvi (Rotary Club of Lahore Garrison) and his wife invited Past President Susanne Rea, Past […]
RESULTS from WGM Event #3576 from Pakistan Club Name: Rotary Club of Faisalabad City District Number: 3272 Number of participants in the meal: 13 Total donation to TRF Polio Plus program: US$100.00 Message (from Susanne Rea): A very robust discussion about polio eradication and the issues involved over lunch resulted in a donation of $100. […]
The weekly report will be going out by 0830 tomorrow — If you have results that you want included in that report, e-mail them to me overnight tonight or submit an After Event form via www.wgmeal.com. Source
WGM TEAM UPDATE — 17 FEBRUARY 2017 Dear WGM Team, Below is a brief summary of where we stand as of February 17, 2017: — There have been 3,582 events registered in 73 countries. — More than 201,800 participants worldwide — USD $2,418,232.80 has been raised (a total of USD $7,254,698.40 with matching funds from […]